Fajitas is one of my favourite dishes, because its easy to make but also due to all the little side dishes and dips, it’s a very social meal to have.
I normally make chicken or steak fajitas but recently I have been trying to be healthier with my meals so decided to make vegetable fajitas and is now a favourite dish for me and my boyfriend.
If you fancy something different give it a go, and you can add or substitute vegetables by the ones you like or are on offer when you go shopping.
Ingredients for the Vegetable Fajitas:
- 250g chestnut mushrooms
- 400g button mushrooms
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium onion
- 1 leek
- 1 pepper
- Fajita mix (the powder)
- Splash of olive oil
- Tortilla wraps to make the fajitas
Method for the Vegetable Fajitas:
- Cut all the vegetables up
- In a hot frying pan add a splash of olive oil
- Dice half of the onion and add to the frying pan
- Fry until the onions are nice and gold.
- Add the pepper and the courgettes (if using other vegetables, always add the ones that are harder to cook first)
- When the pepper and courgette are starting to get soft, add the leek
- Fry for 2 minutes, add some fajita powder. Stir
- Add the mushrooms and fry for around 3 minutes
- Dice the rest of the onion and add it to the frying pan
- Add more fajita powder (the quantity depends on how much you normally use)
- Once the onion and vegetables are cooked, it is ready to serve.
- Warm the tortillas and make your wraps
- For an added yumminess add salsa, guacamole and sour cream to your wraps and don’t forget the nachos!