This weekend I cooked my lovely roast lamb recipe. It’s a great dish for your Sunday Roast dinner.
Ingredients for my Roast Lamb:
- Leg Shanks of lamb
- a small bottle of cheap white wine
- 5 garlic cloves
- 6 small tablespoons of butter
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Sea Salt
- Cut the excess fat from the lamb shanks.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them.
- Season the lamb with sea salt and the sliced garlic on both sides. Try and do this a few hours before, if not the night before. Put in the fridge to rest.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.
- In a roasting tray, add the seasoned lamb, crumble the stock cube on top and all over the roasting tray. Then sprinkle a few sprigs of thyme over the lamb.
- Add four tablespoons of butter, one in each corner of the roasting tray. Finally add a good splash of wine. The wine must cover the bottom of the roasting tray and a little more.
- Roast for 25 minutes, then turn over the meat and pour a few spoons full if juice from the tray.
- Repeat every 20 minutes for approx. 1 hours
- Add another splash of wine and 2 spoons of butter to the tray.
- Pour juice over the meat from the roasting tray and Turn the meat over every 20 minutes. Roast for another 1 hour or until the meat is well done.
- The meat should now be well done and very tender, if not cook for another 15 minutess or so.
- If making gravy, even if using the instant gravy, add about 3 to 4 spoons full of the meat juice before adding the water. This will give your gravy some extra taste.