My recipe for quesadillas is very easy to make, I first made it in my first year of university and have been making it ever since. Its great for a weekend lunch or a mid-week light dinner.
The Ingredients for my Chicken Quesadillas;
- cooked chicken legs (I get from the deli at supermarkets )
- Grated Cheese, the quantity is up to your personal taste
- tomato paste
- 1 pack of tortilla wraps
- Oregano or mixed herbs
This is the basic recipe, if you prefer rather than chicken you can use ham, chorizo or other types of meat.
- You will need a good size frying pan non-stick if possible. Heat the frying pan. De-bone the chicken and cut your chicken into pieces.
- Put a good amount of tomato paste on a tortilla and spread with a spoon so you get a tomato base.
- Add herbs, cheese, sweetcorn and chicken. Then put another tortilla on top and take to the frying pan.
- Turn over, the same way you would a pancake.
- They are ready when the tortillas get brown on both sides and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the quesadilla in 4 pieces and eat. I tend to serve mine with hummus and crackers
- Repeat the process as many times as you wish, or until you are full.