This is a very easy and tasty recipe, I normally cook this bake when we fancy something easy to cook and tasty. The tomatoes get soft and juicy and the chorizo fat gives this dish amazing flavour.
Ingredients for the Chorizo and Pancetta Bake:
- 1/2 a chorizo sausage
- 100g of pancetta, already cut in little squares.
- 5 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 courgette
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 3 medium sized potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Method for the Chorizo and Pancetta Bake:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Put the potatoes, onions, tomatoes and garlic in a large roasting tin. Season with sea salt and lots of the freshly ground black pepper. Mix everything together and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, skin the chorizo and cut into slices.
- After the 20 minutes, take the roasting tin out of the oven, scatter the pancetta , courgettes and chorizo over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the paprika and the oregano then mix everything together.
- Return to the oven and roast for another 2o minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are done, remove the tin from the oven. Holding one corner, lift the tin a little so the juices run to the opposite side. Spoon the juices over the vegetables, pancetta and chorizo.
- Tuck the pepper strips loosely around the vegetables, chorizo and pancetta.
- Turn the oven up to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas Mark 7. Put the roasting tin back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the peppers are nice and soft.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skins before serving.