There are plenty of Christmas markets with mulled wine and ice skating rinks in London. I love German Christmas markets and a good glass of Mulled Wine, so I thought I would share my mulled wine recipe for you to enjoy. This recipe is very easy to do and delicious.
Ingredients for the Mulled Wine Recipe;
- 2 Bottles of Red Wine
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 200g of Caster Sugar
- 1 Whole Nutmeg
Method for the Mulled Wine Recipe;
- Slice the Oranges.
- Put the caster sugar, cinnamon sticks, cloves, the zest of the lemon in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- add 12 gratings of nutmeg to the saucepan and the orange, squeeze the juice out of a few as you are adding them to the saucepan.
- Add enough red wine to cover the sugar and all the spices. Let this simmer until the sugar has dissolved into the red wine and bring to the boil.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down and add the rest of the red wine. Gently heat the wine for around 5-10 minutes.
- When its warm and delicious, ladle it into glasses (or mugs) and serve it.