Sangria for me reminds me of Christmas. Every Christmas Eve my dad makes a big bucket of sangria. We then spend hours at the dinner table eating and drinking sangria.
Sangria is a drink to be shared with family and friends. It’s perfect for parties, dinner parties and pre-drinking with your friends.
I had my girlies round last weekend and as a pre-night out drinking we had some delicious home made Sangria.
Ingredients for Sangria
This recipe makes around 5-6 litres of sangria, enough for 5-6 people. Adapt the recipe according to the occasion.
- 3 Bottles of red wine. I would say don’t buy anything that costs more than £5 per bottle its just not worth it however, you don’t want to buy the smart value stuff either.
- 3 Litres of lemonade
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 medium sized apples cut into pieces
- 3 medium sized oranges cut into pieces
- a handful of mint leaves
- 2 shots of whisky
Method for my Sangria Recipe;
- Pour all the wine and the lemonade into a big bowl
- add the cinnamon sticks and the mint
- Then finally add the fruit, the apples and orange
- Add the two shots of whisky and mix everything
- Taste the sangria, if you feel is too strong add a little bit more of lemonade. Or if you think is too weak add a little more wine.
- Taste and share!