My boyfriend loves strawberry jam so this weekend I decided to make Jam & Vanilla cupcakes. I have to say they went down a treat.
Ingredients for Jam & Vanilla cupcakes recipe:
- 175g self-raising flour, sifted
- pinch of salt
- 125g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 175g caster sugar, sifted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of milk at room temperature
- 1 pot of good quality jam, I used strawberry but you can use any flavour
- 1 pot of whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Cut the butter into pieces and put it in a mixing bowl. Beat it with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until the butter is very pale.
- Gradually add and beat the sugar. Once the sugar is added beat the mixture well for about 4 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with vanilla, then add it to the mixture one spoon at a time. Mixing well in between each addition.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and the milk.
- Mix very well for another 4 minutes.
- Put the paper-cases in the cupcake tray and add an even mixture to all.
- Place the cupcake tray in the oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until risen, gold brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave to cool for 1 minute than transfer to a cooling rack.
- While the cupcakes cool down, whip the cream.
- Add one good sized teaspoon of jam to the centre of each cupcake.
- Pipe the whipped cream around each cupcake.
- All done & ready to eat!