This week I made cupcakes with my little sister, she is 6 year old. We decided to make chocolate cupcakes with melted chocolate on top (she doesn’t like icing).
We had a brilliant time making, decorating and eating these yummy chocolate cupcakes.
Ingredients for the chocolate cupcakes:
- 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 280g caster sugar, sifted
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 120g melted milk chocolate, I used Cadbury’s milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of good quality chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 240ml of milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 120g melted milk chocolate for topping.
Method for the Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Put paper cupcake cases on your cupcake tray.
- Put the butter in a large bowl and with the wooden spoon mix the butter.
- Add the sugar, with an electric whisk beat the sugar and butter until nice and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder and beat on a low speed for a few minutes. Until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the milk into a jug, add the eggs and whisk. Pour some of this mixture to the dry mixture.
- Beat on a medium speed, then add a little more and beat again.
- Repeat until the both mixtures are combined.
- Start melting the 120g of chocolate.
- When both mixtures are combined, beat well for a few minutes until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Add the two tablespoons of chocolate powder.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add it to the mixture and beat well until the mixture is nice and creamy
- Spoon the batter to the cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean or brown.
- Once the cupcakes are done, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 2 minutes in the baking tray.
- Remove from the baking tray and leave to cool in a wiring rack.
- For the topping, melt 120g of chocolate and spoon on top of the cupcakes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and decorate.
- We used, marshmallows, hundreds and thousands and honeycombs.