My mum has always made a really good salame de chocolate, a portuguese chocolate fridge cake. You can find this at most birthday parties in Portugal and is super easy to do.
So here is her recipe:
Ingredients for the Salame de Chocolate/Chocolate Fridge Cake;
- 600g digestive biscuits
- 5 medium eggs
- 100g chocolate powder
- 150g sugar
- 100g butter
Method for the Salame de Chocolate/Chocolate Fridge Cake;
- Put the biscuits in a large bowl and brake them into small pieces
- Add the chocolate and the sugar.
- Mix everything very well.
- Melt the butter.
- Add the butter to the bowl and using your hands mix all the ingredients.
- Now add the eggs and mix very well.
- Lay a good sized sheet if foil in a worktop and spread the mixture across, making the shape of a salami.
- Now roll the mixture, while folding the foil. See the video below:
- Put it in the fridge overnight (around 10 hours) or freeze it for around 2 hours.
- To serve, remove the foil and cut it into pieces