This week I had a bake sale at work for Movember, which is about growing moustaches to help raise money for men’s health awareness. The aim of Movember, is to draw attention to the risks of testicular and prostate cancer and to raise money for charity, if you fancy taking part of donating go to http://uk.movember.com
I made these delicious chocolate brownies, the recipe is super easy to make and very chocolaty.
Ingredients for the Chocolate Brownies Recipe;
- 250g of salted butter at room temperature
- 75g of chopped walnuts
- 200g of 70% dark chocolate
- 85g cocoa powder
- 65g of sifted plain white flour
- 360g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
Method for the Chocolate Brownies;
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- With a tissue, lightly grease the square tin with butter then line with greaseproof paper.
- In a glass bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add the chopped walnuts when the mixture is nice and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sifted flour, caster sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Add the chocolate mix to this mixture and mix well until you have a smooth, silky consistency.
- Beat the four eggs in a separate bowl then add to the mixture in 3 parts, mixing well after each addition.
- Put the brownie mixture into the the baking tin and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Don’t overcook the mixture, so you want the skewer to have some brownie mixture. The brownie should be springy on the outside but nice and gooey in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the baking tin.
- Once nice and cool, cut into squares and serve with vanilla ice-cream.