Growing up in Portugal watching Brazilian soaps I used to see this sweet all the time on TV. Brigadeiro are always at every Brazilian birthday party and as a result they are probably the most famous Brazilian dessert.
Brigadeiro or Brigadier in English, is a kind of Chocolate truffle but very easy to make.
Ingredients for Brigadeiro Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 pack of chocolate buttons
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Small cupcake cases
- Melt the chocolate buttons by putting hot water in a pan and placing the chocolate in a glass bowl over the boiling water.
- In a non-stick pan, put in the condensed milk,1 tablespoon of butter and melted chocolate. Stir non-stop for about 5 minutes
- The mixture is ready when you draw a line with your wooden spoon and the mixture separates.
- When the mixture is ready, spread it across a cold plate and out in the fridge to cool down
- In the meantime spread some small cupcake cases and put your sprinkles into a bowl.
- Take it out of the fridge when nice and cold. Then put some butter on your hands, grab a teaspoon full of the now cold paste and roll it into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chocolate sprinkles bowl and place it in the small cupcake case. The video below is a little help. (please excuse the non talking, its my first blog post video)
- Do the same with the rest of your mixture.
- The brigadeiros are now ready to eat. for some of my brigadeiros I used hundreds and thousands but you can stick to the traditional chocolate sprinkles
- Enjoy- this is a great recipe to make with kids or at a fun sleep over.