This banana cake recipe is super easy to make and very delicious. Its perfect as part of a continental breakfast (my favourite kind of breakfast) or as a snack with a cup of tea.
Ingredients for the Banana Cake Recipe:
- 285g of sifted plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 110g of butter, at room temperature
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 75g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Method for the Banana Cake Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly grease a cake tin with butter then dust with flour.
- In a bowl beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Beat the two eggs, then add to the bowl with butter and sugar. Whisk for a few minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and milk to the mixture and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mash 4 bananas and then add to the mixture, beat until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- If you bought whole walnuts, put the 75g in a bag and using a rolling pin bash them a little to break them into smaller pieces.
- Add the walnuts and baking soda to the mixture.
- If you haven’t yet sifted the flour do so as you add it to the bowl. Add the flour in 3 parts and fold well after each addition. Fold using a wooden spoon so you keep the air in the cake, this will make it lighter and softer.
- Spoon the mixture to the cake tin, slice the last banana and scatter on top of the mixture.
- Bake for around 45minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and let it cool before serving.